Thursday, October 18, 2007

Into The Wild

I'm excited to catch Into The Wild sometime over the weekend. I'm sure like many, the movie caught me by surprise springing up from apparently no where among the other late summer block busters. Screenplay and directed by Sean Penn its based on the true story of Christopher McCandless and the book by Jon Krakauer. Im not 100% sure but I believe the entire or majority of the movies soundtrack is by Eddie Vedder. Ive downloaded his songs in the movie and they are just as beautiful as the scenery that McCandless witnesses on his journey north to Alaska. One quote from the trailers, and im sure somehwere in the movie stands out at me and makes me sit back in my chair and smile because it is one I find comfort in.

"I read somewhere how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong, to measure yourself at least once, to find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions; that’s the way it is here."

Go see it, I think anyone could enjoy it and walk away with something.

Apple Trailers, Into The Wild

No comments: