Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Existing for one's own sake

When juxtaposed with my previous post 'Return to who?' I may be viewed as a hypocrite. But where is there a law that states you must hold fast to your beliefs regardless of the price? I would rather be cited as a hypocrite by others for constantly changing my beliefs, searching for truth, than stand fast in them and stagnate. Is it not better to search and never find what you are looking for than to stand still and claim how brilliant and right you are? Is it not a fact that men who do not learn from the past are doomed to rehash it? Maybe Tyler was right: "I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve and let the chips fall where they may. But that's me, I could be wrong, maybe it's a terrible tragedy." Or maybe that movie is just too overly quoted.

No comments: