Monday, July 7, 2008

"Lay off me im starving!"

Its been about ~16 weeks now since i've been been able to sit on a comfy couch, watch what I want on tv, eat what I want when I want, and use a computer at my leisure. It's also been that long since i've seen my girlfriend and my family so don't expect much out of me for the next few weeks while I enjoy myself. You think you have an idea of how much you love someone, then you leave them for a few months only able to communicate via written letters. If I was able to decrypt my orders correctly I'll be in the 1st Cav stationed at Ft. Hood about 50 mins north of Austin in Killeen. I don't know what Battalion I'm in or when i'll be deployed but I'm glad I'm not in Korea or Ft. Drum in upstate NY; although Alaska would have been cool. I have some time before I have to report there and will probably be driving up to Philly to see friends and my mom + sister. That is if getting my expired out of state license doesn't take 3 weeks.