Tuesday, December 4, 2007

MacBook Pro Update

I'm liking how it's turning out. New Thunderbird, Vienna (rss reader), Firefox, Safari, iChat, WoW, iPhoto icons and Download + Document Stack overlays. As well as a new icon for the Mac HD but i cant edit to "Untitled" partition that contains Windows Xp. I may down the road delete it and reformat in FAT32 so I can edit it or at least rename it sheesh. So far the MacBook Pro has been running like a dream. There have been a few hang ups in applications that brought forth the spinning beach ball of death. Yet unlike Windows its easy to force quit them and reopen. In XP Ive been forced to power down the system via the power button after waiting 5 mins for a frozen application to "End Now". I had a few issues with replacing icons but I think it was mostly in part to being unfamiliar with using PNG files and ICNS files. Luckily Apple includes a plethora of developer tools right on the Leopard install dvd. One of which converts image files into the appropriate sized icon files. And finally there was one instance where I logged out and the cursor locked up, it may have been my Logitech mouse or any number of other things, but a quick press of the power button and a hit of the enter key and I was rebooted and everything was working again. 
Off to work.

No comments: