Friday, January 25, 2008

Mass [time sink]

Well I blew (maybe not blew, because it wasn't really 'wasted') my paycheck on an Xbox 360. I've been wanting one for a few months now but have had other things i've needed to spend money on. It feels good finally buying it for myself though. Along with the Pro edition (no point in blowing another $100 on the elite for a black paint job, an hdmi cable, and 100 gigs of HD space i wont fill) I purchased Mass Effect. After hearing so much about it, the previews then the reviews I had to get it. I haven't played a solid single player RPG in quite awhile so its refreshing to dive into one so deep as Mass Effect. I've only spent about 2 hours playing and I've probably touched about 2% of the total content available. I feel like a kid again sitting in math class throwing ideas around in my head on how ill level my character and should he become specialized in this weapon or that weapon? Seriously I can remember sitting in classes in high school and drawing out flow charts on what paths to take in games, and throwing down sell prices for items and how could I raise enough for that one I wanted? It's official... I'm still a nerd.

2 comments:

cgschimpf said...

I feel I may be the only person who encourages this of you. Happy hunting

Rich Fell the Second said...

i had to stop playing before i got to deeep in it..not enough time..plus the lady is nt cool with it..hahahahah